[plug] [OT] Win98 client for Linux PPP Server

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Tue Sep 4 15:27:24 WST 2001

(getting OT, but related, was mentioned recently)

I have a serial line to a Win98(original?) PC, but cant get it to dialup.
ControlPanel->Network->AddAdaptor only lists ethernet cards.
dialup-networking requires a 'modem' first, and 'modems' include
'serial cable between 2 PCs', but when I try to install the pseudo-modem,
nothing happens. The dial-up networking software doesnt see the modem,
but it does show up under the device-manager.
   Has anyone done this with Win98? Known bug? Upgrade needed?

BTW, I did this easily with Win-2000 as the client. Was very impressed.
Almost as easy as Linux. Didnt even need to reboot :)

--
Mike Holland  <mike at golden.wattle.id.au>
                          --==--