[plug] billion (was Unix Epoch: 1 billion seconds breakfast function.)

garry bigbadbill at dingoblue.net.au
Wed Sep 5 23:19:14 WST 2001

I guess a similar question could be asked as to why part of the world has a
steering wheel on the left, the other on the right...

I don't want to get bogged down in an existentialist or historic argument,
but I was brought up with the 10^12=billion. I have reluctantly accepted this
americanisation, much to my disgust, because of overwhelming odds in print.

I can't atually claim to have lost sleep thinking about whether W.Gates is or
is not a billionaire!

A more relevant contribution might be http://mandrakeuser.org/download.php

Many common questions for the newer members are explained in common language.

Garry.