[plug] en_GB KDE "trash can"

Steve Vertigan steven at vertigan.wattle.id.au
Thu Sep 6 19:33:19 WST 2001

Leon Blackwell wrote:

> I'd have to say that I prefer "Rubbish Bin" to "Trash Can", but if
> you're looking for something that people might find a little more
> familiar, you might like to consider (please don't hit me now) using
> "Recycle Bin".  Yes, that's what Windoze uses, but ex-Windoze users
> will at least find it familiar and consistent.

Not to mention that it's a bit more descriptive of the actual function.
I don't know that either trash or rubbish bin is a particularly helpful
metaphor, maybe the whole concept could do with reworking but exactly
what would be better I'm not sure.

Steve
--
OpenBSD maelstrom.dyn.dhs.org KLINK#1 i386
 7:30AM  up 10 days,  3:27, 4 users, load averages: 0.17, 0.16, 0.15