[plug] en_GB KDE "trash can"

Mike Holland myk at golden.wattle.id.au
Thu Sep 6 18:48:29 WST 2001

On Thu, 6 Sep 2001, John Knight wrote:

> He did ask that we change "Trash Can" to something along the lines of
> "Rubbish Bin" or something of similar ilk.

I vote for "bit bucket", but ANYTHING is better than "Recycling Can"
<cringe>. I notice gnome lets you edit it to whatever.

> I replied that we left it in simply as we viewed it as PC term like "cookie"

"Cookie" is named after. "Trash can" is a metaphor. Different thing.

By the way, whats with "en_GB"? Surely language variants should be named
after countries, rather than geographical regions, ie "en_UK". Or does
Northern Ireland have its own version of english in KDE? Could you please
change the name :)

--
Mike Holland  <myk at golden.wattle.id.au>
			--==--