[plug] kmail and the gigasecond bug

Jason Jordan jas at pcguru.com.au
Thu Sep 6 22:31:11 WST 2001

On Tue, 4 Sep 2001 13:52:28 +0800, Bret Busby wrote:

BB> > echo ':0 c' >~/.procmail
BB> > echo 'backup' >~/.procmail
BB>
BB> The boss (missus) came home, and, found the procmail file (it was .procmailrc -
BB> you missed the rc), inserted the two lines, in the right user directory (not
BB> me, and, not root, another user that we use for the mail server), and, got it
BB> working.

I tend to fiddle with my /etc/procmailrc more than a sensible, rational, discerning induhvidual would....

Rather than lose mail - and so my backup doesn't get outta control, I do this:

####  Make a backup & keep only the last 32 emails
:0 c
backup

:0 ic
| cd backup && rm -f dummy `ls -t msg.* | sed -e 1,32d`
####

I do a few other things like rejecting HTML emails with an explanation back to
the sender but that's a tad more confusing and may be covered in next weeks
episode.

cheers, jas