[plug] kmail and the gigasecond bug

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Tue Sep 4 13:52:28 WST 2001

On Tue, 04 Sep 2001, Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Sep 2001, Bret Busby wrote:
>
> > I have just tried to do a cat on ~/.procmail, both as me, and as root.
> > I get "No such file or directory".
>
> As you do.
> echo ':0 c' >~/.procmail
> echo 'backup' >~/.procmail
>
> > I have not used procmail before.
>
> If you are useing the defaul MTA from redhat 6.2 then you ARE using procmail
> even if you don't see it.
>
> > If I create the file, with just those two lines in it, would that be okay (as
> > in, would that alone work, and without impacting on anything else, other than
> > making the backup)?
>
> Yup fine.
>
> Yours Tony.

Thanks for your help, Tony.

The boss (missus) came home, and, found the procmail file (it was .procmailrc -
you missed the rc), inserted the two lines, in the right user directory (not
me, and, not root, another user that we use for the mail server), and, got it
working.

Now, we just wait for the gigasecond event, to see what kmail does, and, hope
that the earth does not start getting hot and emitting lots of smoke... :)

Bret Busby