[plug] en_GB KDE "trash can"

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Sat Sep 8 20:31:15 WST 2001

On Sat, 08 Sep 2001, John Knight wrote:
> Attic isn't American, go through old English books and they use attic. Not
> many people in Aus have an attic, mainly because we don't have houses like
> A-frames etc. Don't forget that this is en_GB, for all countries that speak
> it and there are many countries that have houses with an attic (including my
> house actually). Plus, how many people wouldn't know the term? None,
> probably.
>
> KDE guy
>

> > > I ran it past my family and my Mum came up with "attic". What do you
> >reckon
> > > of this?
> >
> >More American terms. How many homes in As have an attic?
> >
> >Alex

Ah, yes, but I understood that an attic is something in which things not used,
accumulate over the years, without ever being emptied, unless the owner dies,
until the ceiling falls down. Is that really appropriate (GB's of retained
deleted files - "Oh, I may want to use that again, someday...")?

:)

Bret Busby