[plug] Pron blocker

Jonathon Bates batesy at batesy.ii.net
Sun Sep 9 12:04:43 WST 2001

Hi guys,
Im currently setting up some proxy servers for some schools around perth,
and I am looking at a squid addon or something similar that blocks any
dubious sites. And it needs to be kept upto date at least weekly.
Now these school's are all on iiNet voyagers, so what I was looking at
doing is one of a few things:
1. Setup hymn.iinet.net.au as a parent cache (webtrack) and send all
requests through that (this method has flaws I know)

2. Implement some form of blocking software, does anyone know of any
reliable and good blocking software?
I have looked at some, and they don't seem taht great.
Has anyone used any that they could recommend?

TIA
Cheers
Batesy