[plug] Pron blocker

Jeremy Malcolm Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au
Sun Sep 9 12:09:10 WST 2001

> 2. Implement some form of blocking software, does anyone know of any
> reliable and good blocking software?
> I have looked at some, and they don't seem taht great.
> Has anyone used any that they could recommend?

I use SquidGuard (http://www.squidguard.org) which works fine.
(Actually I don't use it myself, I'm fairly broad-minded :-), we
implemented it for a client).  We also tried to implement some other
products, one called Active Guardian (http://www.activeguardian.com)
which seemed to be pretty badly maintained, and another called
DansGuardian (http://dansguardian.org) which we couldn't get to work
properly either.  You can use both, because SquidGuard doesn't do PICS
filtering or active content filtering, it just does a deny-list.

--
JEREMY MALCOLM <Jeremy at Malcolm.wattle.id.au> http://malcolm.wattle.id.au
Providing online networks of Australian lawyers (http://www.ilaw.com.au)