[plug] need to upgrade? -was Re: [plug] kmail and the gigasecond bug

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Mon Sep 10 13:25:45 WST 2001

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Bret Busby wrote:

> Jason Nicholls wrote:
>
> > Hello,
> >
> > On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 10:21:10AM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> >
> >>I now have to use Netscape 6.1
> >>

> > What can I say but don't use a GUI mail reader. Use mutt, pine, elm, etc...
> >

> How do they go, with sending and receiving attachments?
>
> I assume that if they receive HTML messages, they will just display the
> source code?

Can't speak for other but I can tell you about pine.

Attachments no problesm at all.
_correctly_ sent MIME multi-part messages fine.
any attachment (includeing HTML) can be configured to have an external
viewer, images = ee, html=mozilla etc etc

pine rocks.  and it is still fast over a modem .... try running a remote
X mail client over a 56k connection

I have only heard good things about mutt, and I'm fairly confident in saying
that everything I've said about pine is true for mutt.

Yours Tony.

/*
 * --Albert Einstein
 */