[plug] need to upgrade? -was Re: [plug] kmail and the gigasecond bug

Christian christian at amnet.net.au
Mon Sep 10 13:58:45 WST 2001

On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 01:49:23PM +0800, Greg Mildenhall wrote:
> Christian, I don't know how to break this to you, but:
> Some people send HTML files as part of the _main_body_ of their emails,
> rather than as an attachment.
> (Be strong now. I know it is difficult to come to terms with such a scary,
> mixed-up world, but I'm sure that you deal with the trauma, given time.)
> I think that is what Bret was talking about.
> The answer is to his question is yes, anything that is not declared to be
> otherwise by MIME should be treated as raw text.

Yes, it's a horrible mixed up world.  But what I said before still
counts.  The HTML emails I get come up in mutt with an option to view
them.  I press 'v' and they load up in my browser.  The most annoying
thing is that this makes them hard to quote reply to but usually my reply
consists of 'Please re-send this not in HTML' so it's not really a
problem.

But I don't think this is what Bret was talking about.  He's worried
that the apocalypse may come to his network and computer based upon him
receiving HTML emails.

--
DSA 0x0EC1D28C: BBCB 0D79 4EBB 078A A066  7267 8BED E9D6 0EC1 D28C