[plug] need to upgrade? -was Re: [plug] kmail and the gigasecond bug

Greg Mildenhall assassin at live.wasp.net.au
Mon Sep 10 13:49:23 WST 2001

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Christian wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 10, 2001 at 11:15:36AM +0800, Bret Busby wrote:
> > I assume that if they receive HTML messages, they will just display the
> > source code?
> No, they will load them into the specified browser.  This is exactly the
> same as for other attachments as indicated above.

Christian, I don't know how to break this to you, but:

Some people send HTML files as part of the _main_body_ of their emails,
rather than as an attachment.

(Be strong now. I know it is difficult to come to terms with such a scary,
mixed-up world, but I'm sure that you deal with the trauma, given time.)

I think that is what Bret was talking about.
The answer is to his question is yes, anything that is not declared to be
otherwise by MIME should be treated as raw text.

-Greg