[plug] need to upgrade? -was Re: [plug] kmail and the gigasecond bug

Greg Mildenhall assassin at live.wasp.net.au
Mon Sep 10 14:47:28 WST 2001

On Mon, 10 Sep 2001, Bret Busby wrote:
> Christian wrote:
> > But I don't think this is what Bret was talking about.  He's worried
> > that the apocalypse may come to his network and computer based upon him
> > receiving HTML emails.
> I forsee two problems with HTML in messages; the first, is malicious
> code - either in the form pf a virus/worm or in an attempted "hack" -
> someone trying to otherwise breach the security of a system,

So you think HTML pages are a security risk? Is that why you continually
ask questions on this list to which you could far more easily and quickly
find the answers on the web? That would explain a lot.

Why do you trust your TCP/IP stack, your mailreader, or any of the other
network software you use, but distrust your web browser?

-Greg