[plug] KDE 2.2 install problem

Grahame Bowland grahame at ucs.uwa.edu.au
Tue Sep 11 13:12:32 WST 2001

On 11 Sep 2001 13:01:38 +0800, Aunty Jack wrote:
> G'day everyone
>
> This is a bit long-winded, but please hang in till the end . . .
>
> I'm runnung a standard RedHat 7.1 (off the APC cover cdrom) On 25th August i
> downloaded the brand new all singing all dancing kde-2.2 packaged as rpm's
> for RedHat 7.x. There were 36 files:

[snip]

It looks pretty likely you need the RPM shown here:

http://www.rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/rawhide/1.0/i386/RedHat/RPMS/fam-2.6.4-11.i386.html

Parts of KDE need that shared library object to exist and so aren't
starting properly.

--
Grahame Bowland, Network and Systems Administrator
University Communications Services, The University of Western Australia