[plug] world trade centre

Peter Wright pete at akira.apana.org.au
Wed Sep 12 10:33:39 WST 2001

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 10:09:58AM +0800, Simon Scott wrote:
> oops, I meant Afganistan too
>
> Damn, $10 down the toilet.

Win some, lose some... no, actually you didn't win any, did you? :)

> However, if I were Osama bin Laden, I would be *very* scared right
> now. No wonder noone has claimed responsibility.

I heard last night that various groups _had_ claimed responsibility, but
haven't heard anything approaching a confirmation yet.

One that was interesting was.... the Japanese Red Army(!)... stating that
it was vengeance for Hiroshima, etc., insert other bollocks here. I think
they said that yesterday was the anniversary of the Hiroshima bombing.

Also, yesterday's date in US-speak: 9/11 == 911.  Some clever little
terrorist trying to make a funny joke with his/her timing? Hmmm.

BTW, there's a few good ones on alt.tasteless.jokes already.

Pete.
--
http://akira.apana.org.au/~pete/

--
"Beware of bugs in the above code; I have only proved
it correct, not tried it." -- Donald Knuth