[plug] world trade centre

Peter Wright pete at akira.apana.org.au
Wed Sep 12 11:11:43 WST 2001

On Wed, Sep 12, 2001 at 10:36:28AM +0800, wayne wrote:
> Dare i say that, with regard to your bet, all of you will inevitably be
> correct.
>
> But i am amazed that i hear american reporters saying they "have never
> seen anything like this!"   Were they asleep when america was bombing
> public buildings and structures - to the peril of civilians - in
> Belgrade?

Selective vision, no doubt.

Of course it hits home (pun not intended) a lot more when it's your own
country and (more importantly) people you can identify with.

[ snip slightly over the top comments about israel ]
> Have they not seen the death of a million people - mostly children and
> old people - in iraq as a direct result of stupid sanctions?

I'm not going to bother entering into a real discussion about this on the
plug list (email me privately if you reeeeeeally want to dispute what I'm
about to say :), but from all I've heard food and medical supplies were NOT
part of the stuff blocked from Iraq with the embargo. I believed it was
understood that the Iraqi government was largely responsible for limiting
the flow of medical supplies while telling their people it was the US'
fault.

[ snip a large amount of seemingly disconnected rambling ]
> Sorry, but if you guys want to get political then let's go.

DEITY = Linus
for i in 1 2 3; do echo "Kumbaya, oh $DEITY, Kumbaya..."
echo "Oh, $DEITY, Kumbaya..."

:)
Pete.
--