[plug] CD checking --"dd if=/dev/cdrom | md5sum" or "dd if=/dev/cdrom bs=1 count=23212032 | md5sum"?

Daniel cottmain at yahoo.com.au
Thu Sep 13 17:05:26 WST 2001

Hi Andrew and Plug, sorry I still can't get this cd checking right - I
can't get the right md5sum (surely not all my cds are flawed) - I'm still
doing something wrong.  Some direction on this would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried both:
dd if=/dev/cdrom | md5sum
and
dd if=/dev/cdrom bs=1 count=23212032 | md5sum
[where bs=byte size, and count is the number of bytes in the original iso]

Thank you,
Daniel.