[plug] CD checking --"dd if=/dev/cdrom | md5sum" or "dd if=/dev/cdrom bs=1 count=23212032 | md5sum"?

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Thu Sep 13 18:56:21 WST 2001

How do you burn them? (I havent been following the thread closely) - I
have found that some cd burning programs default to "padding" the burnt
image to a boundary (needed by some ancient cd players for audio).  This
then fails the md5sum.  One way to check is to rsync the dd'd image and
see if the only effect is at the end of the image, or perhaps use
hexdump or similar to examine the area in question.

BillK