[plug] sendmail routing

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Fri Sep 14 12:28:20 WST 2001

Andrew Barbara wrote:

> Hi,
> one of our clients is moving their mail server to a remote site and i fear that the users will (wihc rely heavly on the email) find the speed a problem.  (They are just using a 56k link.)  we are putting in a linux box to dial up to the mail server and i was thinking, is it possible to put sendmail on it and route the outgoing mail through it?  and is there a program to route there mailboxes to the local server so pulling down there mail will be quicker aswell?  I thought of fetchmail, but im not sure.
> Thanks.

We have a virtual domain with iiNet here at work. All our mail gets routed to a single
mailbox, and I have fetchmail set to poll it frequently. This then get routed through
Exim for the rest of the office, and they all have Eudora installed using cucipop as
the pop server. All outgoing mail is routed back through Exim. Works very well normally.
Having an issue with the ISP end mail server at the moment but it's an odd fault and
not related to my end. Gets a little slow when sending/recieving CAD files though..
This is also over a 56k link..

--
Brad....
                   /"\