[plug] (OT) - Hardware - Motherboard and RAM

wayne hatari at iinet.net.au
Sun Sep 16 15:50:07 WST 2001

Bret,

My understanding is that if you use PC133 MHz RAM on a FSB (front-side bus)
of 100 MHz the RAM will operate but at only 100 MHz.  That is no big deal,
and a good investment.  Since your existing RAM is 100 MHz - indicating an
FSB of 100 MHz on your m/b - you should be OK to go with it.

Having just gone through the process of buying a new m/b this is my
understanding, but I am still keen to hear others knowledge too.

Wayne