[plug] X11 Fonts

Brad Campbell brad at seme.com.au
Fri Sep 21 17:29:21 WST 2001

Leon Brooks wrote:

> On Fri, 21 Sep 2001 14:39, Brad Campbell wrote:
> > On the ttf line, does anyone have an adobe helvettica ttf file?
> > I can only find the fixed fonts that come with X.
>
> I can point you at a really good free Dutch TTF - covers most languages like
> a blanket - only trouble is this one single TTF is (sit down for this) 13
> megabytes long... I found it while I was looking for TTFs for WfW3.11 long
> ago. Can you imagine Win311 dealing with a single 13MB font? I thought not.
> (-:

I can't imagine Win95/98/ME dealing with a single 13MB font..
I "played around" some more and get wine to compile with freetype support,
and Openoffice looks so good, but Windowmaker and all my other X apps are
sadly lacking :p)

I must say, the Xrender extension combined with Freetype makes for a very
easy on the eye read.

A pointer to that font would be nice also, if you can reach that far into
your memory :p)

--
Brad....
                   /"\