[plug] CTRL-ALT-DEL

wayne hatari at iinet.net.au
Sun Sep 23 23:50:39 WST 2001

Sorry if this is a silly question but I am still new to Linux....

PREFACE:  In Windows when Windows lock up (which is quite often) and not a lot moves on the screen moves (and I mean nothing) sometimes (and I mean rarely) the key combination CTRL-ALT-DEL will call up processes that may have halted the system.

QUESTION:  Is there such a command in Linux when nothing seems to be active?

SUPP:  I am running a very temperamental AMD at the moment.  It has already locked up countless times in Windows - and twice in Linux.

wayne