[plug] CTRL-ALT-DEL

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 24 00:08:40 WST 2001

I remember the old KL-10 days, when CTRL-T used to give a one
line status no matter what the process(es) were doing. Way
before the days of linux (i was a spring chicken then)...

rgds

mike

At 11:50 PM 23/9/2001 +0800, you wrote:
>Sorry if this is a silly question but I am still new to Linux....
>
>PREFACE:  In Windows when Windows lock up (which is quite often) and not a
lot moves on the screen moves (and I mean nothing) sometimes (and I mean
rarely) the key combination CTRL-ALT-DEL will call up processes that may
have halted the system.

>QUESTION:  Is there such a command in Linux when nothing seems to be active?
>
>SUPP:  I am running a very temperamental AMD at the moment.  It has
already locked up countless times in Windows - and twice in Linux.