[plug] IPTables

Anthony J. Breeds-Taurima tony at cantech.net.au
Thu Sep 27 15:33:39 WST 2001

On Thu, 27 Sep 2001, Andrew  Barbara wrote:

> Hi,
> What is the correct syntax for NAT in IPTABLES,
> I tried "/sbin/iptables -t nat -A POSTROUTING -p tcp -s 192.168.0.0/24 -j MASQUERADE"
> But it doesn't work on the client side.

Read,
http://netfilter.samba.org/unreliable-guides/NAT-HOWTO/NAT-HOWTO.linuxdoc-4.html#ss4.1

(4.1 I just want masquerading! Help!)

I think the differnce is specifying the output devices instead of the source
address.

If that doesn't help then some more details like
client routes and interfaces
server routes and interfaces
iptables -t nat -L
etc etc