[plug] wget on iinet's opera - linux 2.0.33

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Sun Sep 30 19:26:26 WST 2001

At 03:22 PM 28/9/2001 +0800, you wrote:

>> This is an interesting way to learn about linux, like any o/s
>> things are'nt clearcut, not having a compiler on opera (or
>> having it restricted) is the pain here I guess,
>
>Grab the wget source and compile it up on your machine as a static
>binary. Then you won't need any libs :p)

Thanks Brad, this is a logical solution, however my scsi linux machine
is down (has been for a while) and cross compiling on another machine
is beyond me at mo (only have windows in my lab)

I guess to compile for Linux 2.0.33 (as for iinet's opera) I'd
need the library source do the whole lot could be compiled
together...

rgds

Mike