[plug] wget on iinet's opera - linux 2.0.33

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Sun Sep 30 21:06:35 WST 2001

At 08:18 PM 30/9/2001 +0800, Paud Day <bonfire at bur.st> wrote:
>And traffic accounting to add each shell user's traffic to their
>Explorer/Voyager traffic total? Bloody warez kiddies. There's this one
>user, username erazmus, who's filled up /tmp on numerous occaisions. I
>think he might read this list actually. ;)

>Oh, and a /tmp partition bigger than 53MB?

Its dissapointing this very fact wasn't considered at all by you when
you complained and tried to have cancellation of my shell account on
opera.

Its also dissapointing you didn't check the size of file(s) I was
downloading and realised they were less then the 20Mb disk quota.

Its also dissapointing you didn't acquaint yourself with the facts
that its not possible for lynx to download files which take up
more space then disk quota, the download is cancelled.

And even more dissapointing you ignore my email request to you
to offer an alternative as /tmp's quota is so very small - less
then sufficient for 3 users in fact - which is the root cause
of the problem you were experiencing at the time.

Therefore I shouldn't be surprised you risk slander and now
allow me legal recourse when you have made the above statement
unsolicited, on a public forum, I just had to wait for that to
occur.

It seems your temporary delight and satisfaction in finding
need to make assertion and above suggestion (as quoted) has
opened a legal avenue for consideration.

Yours Faithfully

Mike Massen (User <erazmus>)
Principal: Network Power Systems
cc. Freehill Hollingdale and Page