[plug] wget on iinet's opera - linux 2.0.33

Mike erazmus at iinet.net.au
Sun Sep 30 22:01:23 WST 2001

At 09:28 PM 30/9/2001 +0800, you wrote:
><snip>
>> It seems your temporary delight and satisfaction in finding
>> need to make assertion and above suggestion (as quoted) has
>> opened a legal avenue for consideration.
>
>Come on, take a breath, think nice thoughts and swallow down that
>prozac. THe original poster was not being serious, and as such
>the resulting smiley face.

Good point, now... that is.

At the time though shell access was cancelled by iinet on the person's
complaint. Who can say how this occured at the time. Iinet did
apologise and access was reinstated - though some 3 days later
and such cancellation was without notification.

I therefore could not set up client files on my storage  and
requisite password setup through shell access - ie. htaccess etc
at the time I needed for client access from their US office.

This caused commercial delay and loss of credibility with my
Perth client and their 2ic at their now functioning Florida office.

Fact is - I can point to real commercial harm.

Private email traffic is irrelevant as is the smiley used.

Making implication as to purposeful acts on a public forum
without provocation is not mature or appropriate.

If the respondent has any qualms as to my resolve I suggest he
search Australian legal indexes. I have little qualm prosecuting
Australian trade commission in 1990 when my previous law firm
advised it "...couldn't be done... technical complexity... ".

Its just not appropriate to:-

a.	Have a users account cancelled by a former employee
	of the ISP.

b.	Face commercial harm because of such action.

c.	Have the user slandered, unprovoked on a public forum.

Rgds

Mike