[plug] Just got rooted

Bret Busby bret at busby.net
Mon Apr 1 02:54:45 WST 2002

On Sun, 31 Mar 2002, Trent Lloyd wrote:

> Date: Sun, 31 Mar 2002 23:42:39 +0800
> From: Trent Lloyd <trentlloyd at iprimus.com.au>
> To: plug at plug.linux.org.au
> Subject: Re: [plug] Just got rooted
>
> let me get this right
>
> you think 'Just got rooted' is offensive
>
> sorry the geeks offended you
> as someone else said, there are many others
> just think next time you say 'hard drive' or 'floppy' , male/female
> adapters etc
>
> when i saw it (being a linux list and computer people) i instantly pictured
> 'hacked'
>
> this is a very common term and hopefully one you wont hear about but will
> anyway
>

> Trent Lloyd

> Associations: http://www.variantrealities.com/ - Realise your dreams |
> http://www.plug.org.au/ - Perth Linux Users Group |
> http://www.irc-desk.net/ - Your IRC Resource
>
> "There is nobody getting rich of software that I know of" - Bill Gates, 1980
> "If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem" - Unkown

Try reading the rest of the message.

And, once again, if the consensus of the list, is that it is funny, to be
gratuitously offensive, then the list has descended to the gutter, in
which case, I do not hold much hope for the ability of PLUG, to be able to
host a professional event of international standing, such as the Linux
conference.

--
Bret Busby

 you'll know what the answer means."
 - Deep Thought,
   Chapter 28 of The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
 - Douglas Adams, 1988