[plug] Just got Plugged

Mark Nold markn at enspace.com
Mon Apr 1 13:46:24 WST 2002

List members (snigger),

I would like to suggest a challenge to the Perl Monkeys (giggle) out there.
I'd like to see an Opt-In feature of the PLUG (snort) list called "Better
Uses of The Thesausrus - Perth Linux User Group"

This feature should be a Perl filter for all Plug traffic that looks up the
potentially offensive words at Thesaurus.com and chooses a more politically
correct term.

Users then could subscribe to the BUTT_PLUG list instead of the out of
control and depraved regular PLUG list.

Possible words to filter:

hard
drive
floppy
grep (i always get woody on this one :)
woody
account (think about it)
administer
ownz
ld (you Shaft fans know what i'm talkin about...)
crack
fsck
bottom (snigger)
top
but
job
task
ps
:0
insert
cd (everytime you say this it makes the baby Jesus cry...)
member
root
rooted
root account
root kit (definatly need on of those, maybe i could buy one online and put
it on my root account?)

Hopefully this new BUTT_PLUG will help people feel a little less tense and a
bit more relaxed.

Carry On Plugging :)

Mark Nold
markn at enspace.com

Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.