[plug] Just got Plugged

Nathan D natdan at pobox.com
Mon Apr 1 14:25:44 WST 2002

At 01:46 PM 1/04/2002 +0800, Mark Nold wrote:
>List members (snigger),
>
>I would like to suggest a challenge to the Perl Monkeys (giggle) out there.
>I'd like to see an Opt-In feature of the PLUG (snort) list called "Better
>Uses of The Thesausrus - Perth Linux User Group"

<snip> So as not to re-offend those that are likely to be offended </snip>
Just *had* to have a chuckle at that last one.  Well done Mark :)

I have been a fairly quiet list reader for some time now and have seen the
occasional post step over the line, generally non-intentionally but
sometimes intentionally :(  Generally the individual is suitably told to
behave and we all carry on.

Every now and then one individual will take the "morally high ground" and
lets his (humble?) opinion be heard by all.  What generally follows is this
one individual becoming the butt of jokes for one and all.  How many times
have I seen it happen now?
Bret - you are probably a really nice guy and have the best intentions, but
while this can be a serious and educational forum, we all know that linux
is fun :)  Comment all you like, but take the "high ground" and be prepared
to cop the flak.

The original post (IMHO) was totally computer/linux related.  The
'offensive' postings followed afterwards .... (IMHO).

regards,
   Nathan

.  natdan at pobox.com .     /     \
.  Western  Australia  .  -> \_,-._/