[plug] Bret, some serious points

Mark Nold markn at enspace.com
Mon Apr 1 14:22:56 WST 2002

No bad humour included...

1. I have reread David's original email, and can't find anything at fault. I
strongly believe you owe him an apology accusing him of being offensive. Do
you realise that at the other end is a guy with some feelings? I'm not sure
if your post has had an effect on him, but maybe you should consider this
before slinging mud.

2. I find your instant assumption of "grubby"ness may in fact have something
to do with your own mind. Maybe you are the one to jump to the dirty
conclusions? Please think seriously about this. The world is not full of
dirty little souls, just pretty much normal people who under normal
circumstances would prefer to be pleasent.

3. I take extreem offence to you personal attacks against the
professionalism of the members of this list. How do you know anything about
this topic? Why is such an attack required? Would you like it if someone
looked at your website and said "your website tells me that you don't have
the professionalism to hold a pen, let alone a keyboard"?? If someone said
this to you on this list i would be just as outraged.

Bret, please relax and extend the courtesy and restraint that you expect of
others. Since this is Easter you may remember some famous phrases from a
pretty old technical book: "Do unto others..." and "...Turn the other
cheek", im sure you can fill in the dots.

Please consider.

mn

Mark Nold
markn at enspace.com

Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.