[plug] Was bun fight about "bad" words.

Mark Dixon mdixon at ecel.uwa.edu.au
Mon Apr 1 19:22:44 WST 2002

I have no interest in arguments about which words are "bad" words and which ones are "good" words
(which seems to be how this particular thread started).

However, Paul posited: "The point about the Net, as most of us know quite well, is that there is no
proof of provenance for email anyway."

There may not be "proof of provenance for email", but it is possible to provide fairly convincing
evidence.  For example:  I am Mark Dixon.  The digital signature attached to this e-mail attests to
that and links my name to my e-mail.  The certificate has been notarised by four people in a "web of
trust" who met me in person and validated my personal identity documents to give that notarisation
convincing validity.

Cheers, Mark Dixon.