[plug] Hardware problem?

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Apr 3 19:05:52 WST 2002

> This is probably what I'll end up doing.  The problem is that I have to get
> past this kernel panic.
Is it always at the same place? If its irregular, check your RAM and/or
try disabling L2 cache. Disabling HDD DMA can also be required on crap
chipsets, often just for installs.

> At the moment I'm assuming it's the NIC that's the
> problem, but I really don't know this for certain.  I'm about to try again,
> and this time I'll disable the NIC in the bios before I try the upgrade.

> Ain't computers fun  :-)
*long ragged scream*

I spent 9 hours the other day for yet _another_ person: reinstall win98,
install norton, disinfect old disk, data recovery, email recovery
(outlook => eudora), etc... One outlook worm, plus 4 different
backdoors. Ick. And you ask me if computers are fun?!?

--
Craig Ringer                                       IT Manager, POST Newspapers
http://www.postnewspapers.com.au/