[plug] Bandwidth Limiter

craig at postnewspapers.com.au craig at postnewspapers.com.au
Wed Apr 3 19:07:48 WST 2002

> Does anyone know of a program that will work on my RH6.2 gateway
> that can limit the bandwith avalible to certain IPs on the network
> to stop heavy downloaders from slowing down the connection too much.
Yep. You may need to build a new kernel though.

Get the iproute2 package, first. You'll want to play with the QoS
features in the kernel. Cool stuff like "guarantee that 10.0.0.1 can
always get 512Kbps, but if its not using that, share it out"

--
Craig Ringer                                       IT Manager, POST Newspapers
http://www.postnewspapers.com.au/