[plug] moving to Debian

Jeff blazer666 at dingoblue.net.au
Thu Apr 4 11:10:44 WST 2002

Easiest way to install Debian Woody is to use the Netinstall CD. Take a
long time to download but its Woody all the way.

Sorry about the bad language

Jeff.

On Thu, 2002-04-04 at 10:02, Mike Holland wrote:
    I first installed Linux as a temporary solution until the Gnu Herd was
    released RSN. Many years later I'm beginning to get the same feeling about
    the Debian 3.0 release. I was planning to switch from redhat & mandrake
    when debian 3.0 is released. Should I give up waiting and install a woody
    snapshot?
      Is there a better approach than just grabbing the latest snapshot?
    Perhaps some un-official release which has had more testing as a set?
    My last experience with installing Debian from scratch was not pleasant,
    as bugs in the install process can be particularly frustrating.
      I will promise to keep a detailed log of any problems, and report to the
    list.
      Also, what is the essential pre-install reading for an experienced Linux
    user who knows nothing of Debian?  What is special about Debian, other
    than the package management?
      Is there a technical users overview of distro-specific things like
    process/service management, FS structure ?

    hoping to soon be a debianite,
    Michael.

    --
    "The human race is faced with a cruel choice - work or daytime
    television" -- Dave Barry