[plug] Samba domain issues

Paul Dean paul at thecave.cantech.net.au
Wed Apr 10 14:41:11 WST 2002

Hya Mark,

On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Mark Nold wrote:

> Paul,
>
> Nice summary :) Is it mandatory that you run smbpasswd (cant remember if
> this is exact name) for all new user accounts? I think that caught me out
> even though they sync ever since.
Ooopps Yep thanks Mark forgot that,

6 Run smbpasswd -a username (adds)
7 Run smbpasswd -e username (enables)
8 Run smbpasswd -m machinename$ (adds)

This syncs Samba db with the linux users db

Don't forget to Unlock the user in the linux db first.

--
Paul...

/***** Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to
	recognize a mistake when you make it again.
	-- Franklin P. Jones *****/

/*****All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.
            -- Unknown*****/

/* How smart are Computers? They seem to need instructions all the time...
	-- Me */