[plug] Samba domain issues

Jeff blazer666 at bigpond.com
Wed Apr 10 14:51:22 WST 2002

On Wed, 2002-04-10 at 13:00, deicidal at iinet.net.au wrote:
    Mark,

    Windows machines on the network come and go quite frequently with multiple
    people using multiple machine. My main concern is about logon scripts...if
    i can control these centrally it makes my life so much easier.

    I know this is off the linux topic but i must be able to set up default
    login script that maps /share/%username if i must configure each host
    individually cant i?

net use h: /home will mount the users home directory
This needs to be in logon.bat or whatever. Logon.bat needs to be in a
share called netlogon.
If you have different primary groups you can use in the smb.conf
(%U.bat) to have different logons for each person. Or %G for primary
groups or even %m (?) for machine name.
But for all this to work you need to be set up as PDC.

Smb.conf excerpt

        logon script = logon.bat #this could be %G.bat
        domain logons = Yes #necessary for PDC
        os level = 64   # higher than 2000 not sure about XP
        preferred master = Yes  #win elections if possible
        domain master = Yes
        wins support = Yes

[netlogon]  #this is where logon.bat needs to be
        path = /var/share/netlogon
         writeable = no
	browsable =no

Jeff