[plug] Samba domain issues

Paul Dean paul at thecave.cantech.net.au
Wed Apr 10 22:33:27 WST 2002

Hya,
On Wed, 10 Apr 2002, Craig Foster wrote:

> Change the following entries in your XP machine using RegEdit:-
>
> REGEDIT4
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
> "requirestrongkey"=dword:00000000
> "requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet002\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
> "requirestrongkey"=dword:00000000
> "requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000
> [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Netlogon\Parameters]
> "requirestrongkey"=dword:00000000
> "requiresignorseal"=dword:00000000

Hey yeah thanks Craig, I remember reading about something with XP
passwords, using kerberos as 2000 but falling back to LANMAN auth (NT1)
but having "strong" encryption and causing problems with char passing.

This is good to remember (now copying keys and putting in some file for
later to find)...

It's good to have a reliable list (e-mail) with lots of ideas and
directions to solve problems...

--
Paul...

/***** Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to
	recognize a mistake when you make it again.
	-- Franklin P. Jones *****/

/*****All programmers are playwrights and all computers are lousy actors.
            -- Unknown*****/

/* How smart are Computers? They seem to need instructions all the time...
	-- Me */