[plug] Controlling the initial geometry of a program under X

David Buddrige buddrige at wasp.net.au
Thu Apr 11 17:45:42 WST 2002

Hi all,

I've got a laptop on which I am running Debian GNU/Linux. However the screen
is only capable of having 640 x 480 resolution.  The problem that I am
having is that when emacs starts up, its window is bigger than my screen,
such that I cannot access the edge of the window to size it.  What I would
really like to do is to adjust the X settings somehow so that the window for
emacs was a particular size/position that is roughly central on my screen.
I've been searching google groups, but have not been able to figure this one
out... is someone able to enlighten me?

thanks heaps in advance. 8-)

David Buddrige.