[plug] AFCN Open Source Award

Jacqueline McNally jacqueline at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Sun Apr 14 11:51:29 WST 2002

"The Association For Community Networking (AFCN) and Blacksburg Electronic
Village (BEV)  have partnered to create a cash award for the best open
source package that meets the basic hosting, email, and listserv needs of
community networks."

The URL for the announcement is:
http://www.afcn.org/opensource/

I know many PLUGgers _do_ this stuff :) Why not have a go at winning
$2000US. Computer Angels and other community groups would sincerely benefit
from an award winning package.

The focus is being able to provide a CD (including documentation) to
someone that has a basic working knowledge of Unix or Linux so that they
can install and manage the suite of tools.

I have scouted around the web site to see if we (as in Western Australians)
can enter. I have not found anything to the contrary - yet! May be worth an
email if you are serious about entering.

Individuals may wish to give it a whorl, or perhaps a PLUG project ?

All the best
Jacqueline
http://mc2.vicnet.net.au/users/zenryaku/

Community Contact, Australia/New Zealand
OpenOffice.org Marketing Project
(www.openoffice.org)

Are you a computer angel? (www.ca.asn.au)