[plug] Fwd: [CS-FSLUG] Microsoft Puts .NET My Services on Hold

Leon Brooks leon at brooks.fdns.net
Mon Apr 15 14:25:30 WST 2002

For those few who hadn't yet heard... it's back to LDAP?

Subject: [CS-FSLUG] Microsoft Puts .NET My Services on Hold
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 00:47:00 -0400
From: "Fred A. Miller" <fmiller at lightlink.com>

April 11, 2002

Microsoft Puts .NET My Services on Hold
By Thor Olavsrud

"For more than a year, Microsoft Corp. (NASDAQ:MSFT) has
been trumpeting its Web services strategy and especially .NET
My Services, formerly known as HailStorm. But according to
reports Thursday, the company has quietly shelved the service.

At one time, .NET My Services was considered to be a
keystone of Microsoft's Web services strategy, a technology
intended to put it at the center of the Internet with a recurring
stream of revenue from monthly or yearly fees.   ..."

Complete story at:
http://www.internetnews.com/dev-news/article/0,,10_1007961,00.html

--
This message originated from a Unix computer using Open Source software:
SuSE Linux 7.3, Netscape 6.2, OpenOffice Word Processor,KDE 2.2.2 window