[plug] X over digital projecter

Trent Lloyd trentlloyd at iprimus.com.au
Tue Apr 16 22:00:11 WST 2002

yes you will

i believe you would use XGA server

not sure what else

At 09:43 PM 16/04/2002 +0800, you wrote:
>Hey ho,
>
>Next month I've been asked to give a public workshop/lecture on linux (basic
>stuff for complete newbies) in a public library. I've been assured that there
>will be a digital projector on site which I can plug my pc into to display my
>video output. I have a similar kind of presentation the week after for
>university requiring the use of a projector.
>
>I've not used a digitial projecter before, and thought I'd better ask about
>it before making myself look like a dick in public. I was wondering whether
>I'll need to reset XF86Config for the specific resolution of the projector or
>whether the projector will just work out what resolution I'm running at and
>display everything on the desktop in screen? If I do need to change
>XF86Config settings, should I just change the monitor settings as if the
>projecter were just like a monitor device? Are there any other gotchas to
>keep in mind when using digital projectors?
>
>ta in advance,
>sol

Trent Lloyd

Associations: http://www.variantrealities.com/ - Realise your dreams |
http://www.plug.org.au/ - Perth Linux Users Group |
http://www.irc-desk.net/ - Your IRC Resource

"There is nobody getting rich of software that I know of" - Bill Gates, 1980
"If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem" - Unkown