[plug] X over digital projecter

sol sol at autonomon.net
Tue Apr 16 21:43:23 WST 2002

Hey ho,

Next month I've been asked to give a public workshop/lecture on linux (basic
stuff for complete newbies) in a public library. I've been assured that there
will be a digital projector on site which I can plug my pc into to display my
video output. I have a similar kind of presentation the week after for
university requiring the use of a projector.

I've not used a digitial projecter before, and thought I'd better ask about
it before making myself look like a dick in public. I was wondering whether
I'll need to reset XF86Config for the specific resolution of the projector or
whether the projector will just work out what resolution I'm running at and
display everything on the desktop in screen? If I do need to change
XF86Config settings, should I just change the monitor settings as if the
projecter were just like a monitor device? Are there any other gotchas to
keep in mind when using digital projectors?

ta in advance,
sol