[plug] X over digital projecter

Trent Lloyd trentlloyd at iprimus.com.au
Tue Apr 16 22:21:57 WST 2002

At 10:19 PM 16/04/2002 +0800, you wrote:
>Trent Lloyd wrote:
>>yes you will
>>i believe you would use XGA server
>
>Actually, you wouldn't. :)
>
>The X server has nothing to do with it. Changing the X server usually
>involves changing it for different video cards, not monitors (the
>projector being a "monitor" in this case). The only X configuration you
>may need to change is the resolution if the projector can't handlw
>whatever you usually use. Changing to the XGA Xserver (if such a thing
>exists, I've never heard of it) may make it work because it would only go
>up to 1024x768 (the resolution that XGA is defined as), but changing the
>entire server is not nesesary, only the resolution that it runs at.

oh ok

>Jason

Trent Lloyd

Associations: http://www.variantrealities.com/ - Realise your dreams |
http://www.plug.org.au/ - Perth Linux Users Group |
http://www.irc-desk.net/ - Your IRC Resource

"There is nobody getting rich of software that I know of" - Bill Gates, 1980
"If Linux doesn't have the solution, you have the wrong problem" - Unkown