[plug] X over digital projecter

Jason Belcher jason at whatever.iinet.net.au
Tue Apr 16 22:10:54 WST 2002

sol wrote:
> I've not used a digitial projecter before, and thought I'd better ask about
> it before making myself look like a dick in public. I was wondering whether
> I'll need to reset XF86Config for the specific resolution of the projector or
> whether the projector will just work out what resolution I'm running at and
> display everything on the desktop in screen?

It shouldn't matter whether it's X or otherwise, you just plug the
projector into your monitor port. All you'll need to do is make sure the
projector can handle the resolution you're running at (most will do up
to 1024x768) and you should be fine.

(Oh, and if it's a laptop computer, make sure you know the button
combination to switch output from the internal screen to the monitor
port...while it's quite amuzing watching people trying to figure it out,
it's probably not as much fun for the one trying to present it :) )

Jason