[plug] OT: "slow tcp/ip"?

Paul Dean paul at thecave.cantech.net.au
Wed Apr 17 18:37:43 WST 2002

Hya Daniel,

If you are an ex-bigpond adsl, do you still have your adsl modem or did
you give it back?

If you still have it you may want to talk to iiNet to see if they
accomodate an account for you.

As you may still be on the dslams (adsl filtering at the exchange) and
also having the adsl modem, all you would need is a ISP to connect to.

But don't quote me on this, it's just an idea.

With regards to slow tcp/ip, the ISP maybe refering to the fact that
your packets are not going through an IP compression (see kernel ppp
modules docs), making you packets really big and heavy ie slow link.
As I've never had this problem it was a thought hopfully in the right
direction.

Hope it helps.