[plug] Config utility for x?

Sacha Schlegel sacha at schlegel.li
Wed Apr 17 20:41:49 WST 2002

Hi Richard

On Wed, Apr 17, 2002 at 08:29:19PM +0800, Richard wrote:
> Could anyone recommend a good command line configuration utility for x.
> I'm running Mandrake8.2 and due to a lack of compatibility with my
> graphics card (powervr kyro2) I'm having to do some manual
> configuration. I had a look at the config file with vim, but found it a
> bit daunting. The kyro drivers come with a sample config file, but I
> would feel better being able to generate one on my own system. Thanks in
> advance.
> Richard

With

XFree86 -configure

you get a new configuration file which you can modify later. XFree 4.x is easier to setup than later versions.

Also check the log file in

/var/log/XFree86.0.log

for more details of the problem.

Sacha

Sacha                                   Schlegel

1/67 Upton Str, 6102 St. James, Perth, Australia
sacha at schlegel.li                www.schlegel.li
public key:            www.schlegel.li/sacha.gpg