[plug] Darwin OS - think different

Harry McNally harrymc at decisions-and-designs.com.au
Thu Apr 25 16:02:07 WST 2002

On Thu, 25 Apr 2002 14:49:58 +0800
"Russell Keith-Magee" <Russell.Magee at calytrix.com> wrote:

> > > Can I put in request by way of caveat here: Whatever you decide
> > upon, can
> > > you make it actual english!!!
> > >
> > > As much as the "Think Different" campaign was novel, the fact that it is
> > > appalling grammar causes me no end of annoyance... :-)
> >
> > I'll bet you also hate it when people complete sentences with a
> > predicate which does not agree semantically with the subject, don't
> > place a question mark at the end of a question, use multiple
> > exclamation marks where only one is needed, and spell "English" with a
> > lower-case e. Right?
> >
> > :-)
>
> yup. I really asked for that, didn't I. :-)

Enough of this jovial abuse of people's mangled grammar :-)

Does this one work for Russ ?

"Thinking differently"

Suggests we have moved past the Apple mantra and are proactively thinking of
even better options.

or "Think differently"

The pedant in all of us can breath a collective sigh of relief. And it's
actually taking the p**s out of the Apple campaign _and_ those who complain
about their slogan. Wotchathink ?

cu
Harry