[plug] Darwin OS - think different

Russell Keith-Magee Russell.Magee at calytrix.com
Thu Apr 25 16:39:26 WST 2002

> > > I'll bet you also hate it when people complete sentences with a
> > > predicate which does not agree semantically with the subject, don't
> > > place a question mark at the end of a question, use multiple
> > > exclamation marks where only one is needed, and spell "English" with a
> > > lower-case e. Right?
> > >
> > > :-)
> >
> > yup. I really asked for that, didn't I. :-)
>
> Enough of this jovial abuse of people's mangled grammar :-)

But I are a expert english speakerer! :-)

> Does this one work for Russ ?
>
> "Thinking differently"
>
> Suggests we have moved past the Apple mantra and are proactively
> thinking of
> even better options.
>
> or "Think differently"
>
> The pedant in all of us can breath a collective sigh of relief. And it's
> actually taking the p**s out of the Apple campaign _and_ those
> who complain
> about their slogan. Wotchathink ?

Have to say I'm a fan of the latter. The former feels like the subject is
being presented as a fait accompli; while I/we might agree, I'm not sure
"the masses" would. The second is more of an encouragement to break the
mould/think outside the box.

Plus the dig at Apple's grammar (or lack thereof) is probably enough to put
the image into the category of parody, which means you get to avoid
copyright violations as well :-)

Russ %-)