[plug] New Member

Bill Kenworthy billk at iinet.net.au
Tue Apr 30 07:13:37 WST 2002

James, for the cdrom problem you need to post the contents of /etc/fstab
first off.  Also have you tried to mount it under root, not just user?
Mandrake only allows some mounts as root out-of-the-box, but does give
an error message.  Also, check dmesg.  Last point, is it a cdwriter?

As for Murdoch (and any university), tutors get paid per hour for
teaching the courses - I currently run ~3 hours for every hour I get
paid for - not a good incentive to put in any extra!  A number of tutors
(and others) from Murdoch are on this list and have a quite large range
of experiance!  Comments on tutor motivation and competancy aside,
problems such as you are having are better directed to the list here as
there is usually a wider range of experiance available for the
"difficult" problems.

BillK